Saturday, January 15, 2011

Introduction

I subscribe to no specific religious faith.  Although I was raised Baptist, I slowly gave up that belief.  There were too many questions that had no acceptable answers for me, too much hypocrisy, too much judgment, etc.  I doubted and still do.  But the good experiences I had and those I continue to hear about through others coupled with the vast presence of faith in the world around have made a mark on me.  You could say that I'm still searching for that feeling that so many others claim to possess: peace.

While I consider myself a cheerfully skeptical person when it comes to my ever subscribing (a telling word in itself) to a Religion I do remain hopeful that I will discover snapshots of Truth throughout this adventure.

Religion isn't polite conversation.  Everyone secretly obsesses over it at one time or another.  And opinions are often viciously varying.  I'm going to dive right in.



No comments:

Post a Comment