Friday, January 28, 2011

A Step Further Outside the Comfort Zone

This coming Sunday I plan to visit a Church of Christ, Scientist.  I really have no idea what to expect as far as a church service goes.  The following link is the only source I have used to educate myself on the religion itself:

Christian Science

Based on the information available on this site this is the basic knowledge I'll have when I walk in on Sunday:

1. Christian Scientists believe in one true God and Jesus Christ as Savior.

2. Christian Scientists believe in physical and mental healing through prayer alone.  They believe that we have the answer to every human problem at our fingertips through communication with God.

I believe the church I'll be visiting is relatively small so hopefully I will get a very personal example of what Christian Scientists do for praise, worship and religious teaching on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment