Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some Musings

First of all, thank you to everyone who has been reading and visiting my blog lately.  I hope you are enjoying it so far and will be coming back for more.  Please feel more than free to leave comments or questions on the site.  I am very, very open to dialogue about this project.  I'm sure there are those of you who agree with some of the things I say as well as those of you who don't.  Of course that's what I expected and I'd really like to get some conversations going.

That said, this is just a brief update.  The project is still a newborn and has some direction to take.  I certainly do not want to leave my readers hanging for an entire 7 days every week for a new church review post so I will definitely be posting in between.  The direction these in between posts are going to take is something the newborn has to grow into.  And they will vary.  If I'm going to a church that I feel could use some background research, I will throw that up here so that everyone's in tune with me before the visit.  If I have any new insight from my own personal journey I might stick you with some more personal diary-type entries about my Thoughts and Feelings (heh heh.)  If I have anything I forgot to mention about a previously visited church I might add that as well.

But for right now I want to inform my readers more about the intended attitude behind my actual church blogs and how I plan on keeping it as fair as a subjective one-shot review can be.

I can break it down in TWO:

I want to be as respectful as possible.

AND

I want to be as honest as possible.

If I ever appear to be lacking in either of these areas I assure you it is unintentional and I apologize.  In keeping with these goals I have decided to inform every church I visit about the blog the day after I visit and let them know what I have said here: that I am not just open to but itching for dialogue about what I'm doing here.  

I don't want to hide anything from everyone.

Tomorrow morning I'll be attending a Catholic mass.  The place is yet to be determined.  But definitely Catholic this time.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment